how hi the fi?

How Hi The Fi is the personal blog of Paul Rehm that might more aptly be named "Ranking Everything." The focal points of the blog are the posts in which I take an artist's career - be it musical, directorial or something else - view, listen to or read their work chronologically and then rank them from best to worst. In between these posts, I share my day-to-day happenings and plans for future lists. The blog is named after an album by jazz musician Buck Clayton that captures the attitude this blog would ideally convey. Be sure to bookmark this page and come back often!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vince Dooley's Tears Cure Cancer

Another cool opportunity to hang out with a cool famous person at work. This time it's former UGA coach, college football hall of famer, national champion, Vince Dooley. Coach Dooley is the man. It wasn't the first time I'd met him, but it was the first time I had the chance to get a photo with him and actually have a sit down conversation with him. Tomorrow I'll post the link to the article. If you want to see the rest of the photos from the event, click on the "Picasa" link on the right and go to "Work Photos."
Coach Dooley was pretty cool to hang out with. A lot of my friends had had the pleasure of his company more than I had in college, but after I graduated I joined a Men's Bible Study church group thing of about 20 guys. One of them was Coach Dooley. Other "famous" people include Mark Richt's father and 2 of David Perno's brothers. This in addition to several affluent Athens businessmen. Moving to Atlanta killed my involvement, but still, it was awesome.
Should be a pretty fantastic sports week this week. College football starts, high school football starts (work, ugh), and most importantly: Red Sox vs Yankees, final series in Yankee Stadium. Big series for the Sox.
My friend Jarrod from Vidalia is in town this week which is nice. He's here for some sort of training thing. His company is much welcomed and he's considering moving up here apparently. God knows I need more friends in this city. We were hanging out at Octane last night, my favorite coffee place in Atlanta. It was a very good time.
Not much to talk about again today. I've been thinking about discussing my love life but I don't really want this blog to become that sort of sappy idiotic ramblings page. Any suggestions for a list of the week this week?

No comments: