how hi the fi?

How Hi The Fi is the personal blog of Paul Rehm that might more aptly be named "Ranking Everything." The focal points of the blog are the posts in which I take an artist's career - be it musical, directorial or something else - view, listen to or read their work chronologically and then rank them from best to worst. In between these posts, I share my day-to-day happenings and plans for future lists. The blog is named after an album by jazz musician Buck Clayton that captures the attitude this blog would ideally convey. Be sure to bookmark this page and come back often!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Announcing: The Gallon Challenge


Finally, a post worth a damn.

On Friday, August 1st, 2008 after years, yes YEARS of speculation and broken promises, I, Paul Rehm, will be attemting the gallon challenge. I have chosen Tyler Stinson as the event's administrator and commissioner. He will also be video taping it for your pleasure and the results will be posted here and here alone.

If you're not familiar, the gallon challenge is where one idiot takes a gallon of milk and consumes it in whole in one hour's time. After the final sip, the person has to last one extra hour without vomiting. If they vomit at any point, they fail. When I don't vomit, I will succeed and eternal glory will be thrust upon me. Supposedly it's almost impossible to do. I couldn't care less.

As for my particular endeavor, I will drink 1% milk. I will also have NesQuik powders around should I feel the need to mix it up a bit. On a sidenote, I have already chosen the song that will play in the background of the video. Don't judge me.

If you would like to attend this event in person, let me know and I'll see what I can do. It will be held somewhere in Atlanta on the aforementioned date and it will be spectacular. Eternal glory thrust away.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Has the 2nd "no vomiting hour" always been a part of the challenge? This is the first I've ever heard of it, I always though it was just the 1 gallon:1 hour rule.

Either way, as I've said, you'll fail. It's practically impossible for anyone, let alone someone of your frail constitution.

paul rehm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

dude I'm told there are like Gallon Challenge archives and competitions you can enter. In fact yeah I just found some stuff on wikipedia haha

Kathleen said...

I wish to attend this, if it has not taken place yet.