how hi the fi?

How Hi The Fi is the personal blog of Paul Rehm that might more aptly be named "Ranking Everything." The focal points of the blog are the posts in which I take an artist's career - be it musical, directorial or something else - view, listen to or read their work chronologically and then rank them from best to worst. In between these posts, I share my day-to-day happenings and plans for future lists. The blog is named after an album by jazz musician Buck Clayton that captures the attitude this blog would ideally convey. Be sure to bookmark this page and come back often!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. It Rocks Absolutely, Too.

LIST OF THE WEEK

I'll probably end up doing two different weekly gimmicks here. First is this one, the list of the week. The other is record find of the week, which sounds lame to probably everyone reading this right now, but it's a part of the reason I started this thing and part of the reason it's named what it is so suck a fat one.

Anyways, here's this week's list. Pretty soon all of my lists will be available via a sidebar link. I've been typing up my Moleskines (which has taken and will continue to take a ton of time) and I've been loading lists on to some list site for mass consumption. I should probably offer a disclaimer that I'm not arrogant enough to believe you will do anything with these lists. A lot of times they are about me (my favorites, things I own, things I want, etc) but sometimes they'll have info between the lines that might make you think "Paul likes these directors? Maybe I could check out a few of them" or something like that. That's up to you. I'm just going to post them. Feel free to offer feedback on the lists as I do this. Also, definitely feel free to request a list be done on something. I'm not going to be making a list of my favorite actors of Spanish descent but if you come up with something like that you'd find interesting, I'd be happy to make those sorts of wackier lists.

This week's list: Types of Samuel Adams I have tried (30!)
The order is alphabetical after the first two which are the common Sam Adams beers.

  • Boston Lager
  • Sam Adams Light
  • 180 (Boston Restaurant Exclusive)
  • 1790 Root Beer Brew
  • Black Lager
  • Boston Ale
  • Brown Ale
  • Cherry Wheat
  • Cranberry Lambic
  • Cream Stout
  • Double Bock
  • George Washington Porter
  • Hefeweizen
  • Holiday Porter
  • Honey Porter
  • Irish Red
  • James Madison Dark Wheat Ale
  • Longshot Boysenberry Wheat
  • Longshot Dortmunder Export
  • Longshot Grape Pale Ale
  • Longshot Old Ale
  • Longshot Weizenbock
  • Octoberfest
  • Old Fezziwig Ale
  • Pale Ale
  • Scotch Ale
  • Summer Ale
  • Traditional Ginger Honey Ale
  • White Ale
  • Winter Lager

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I particularly enjoy the cherry wheat and the Summer Ale.

And Moleskines.

Jesus, we have so much in common, we could be cousins.

paul rehm said...

that was hilarious. we could be related.

nichole davis said...

moleskines are awesome. those things hold up through everything. i remember looking at yours last time you were up here. i wish i had the tenacity you do to keep all those lists.

and man, i'm behind on all that beer. the boston lager, though ... honestly, i can't find a beer yet that beats it. absolute favourite, no matter what.